Evolution of a great classic, Lecco 2.0 is the new stretcher for mountain rescue that maintains the same versatility of the previous version with new features that make it even more versatile and efficient!
Product chosen by CNSAS - National Alpine and Speleological Rescue Corps
The main features are:
- new comfortable reinforced and hoistable carrying bag that allows an ultra-fast stowage
- ready for use in less than a minute mounted by a single operator
- pre-assembled frame and bag, no components that can be lost
- new ergonomic handles with variable section (oval-round) for a better load distribution on the shoulders and a more comfortable transport
- lateral zipper equipped with 4 sliders that allows partial opening for inspection and management of the injured person
- additional foot-side zipper
- slings for immobilization made in different colors for immediate operation
- wide range of accessories that guarantee maximum reliability in the various conditions of use
Its length, shafts included, is 3.1 meters. Without shafts it is 2 meters long. Refolded in its carrying rug-sack, the stretcher takes up 85x55x22 centimeters. The weight is 16 kg (without carriage bag).
The cloth is provided with a range of belts made in different colors for seizing hold of the wounded person at various points. Four outer clamping belts assure a perfectly fast holding. A double opening zipper allows the complete opening of the cloth for inspecting the lower limbs. Additional foot-side zipper.The big size of the cloth and the length of the clamping belts allow the fitting of a vacuum-operated mattress (very useful for assuring the perfectly fast holding of the wounded person).
The front and rear shoulder-shafts are covered with a comfortable padding. The front shoulder-shafts can be inserted in straight position for normal carrying or in turned position for extremely steep slopes or jutting drops, thus preventing the rescuer from slipping out with his shoulders. The length of the rear shafts allows the rescuer to have a good visibility of the ground.
The stretcher, complete with shoulder-shafts, has been designed for supporting a SWL load (Safety Working Load) regularly distributed on the surface of 180 kg (safety factor 1:4). This load can never be applied in a point only. Kong has reproduced in its laboratory the real conditions of employment of the stretcher and have submitted it to destructive tests through static stretching. The kit for hanging the stretcher to a helicopter or aerial rope-way can support a SWL load of kg 500. (safety factor 1:4.).
The wide tape for dropping the stretcher, if inserted correctly according to the instructions, is guaranteed for a SWL load of kg 400. (safety factor 1:4.)
Winner of the Compasso d'Oro award, honor signal for the year 1994.
High quality product, completely designed and manufactured in Italy, which has become a global standard, now improved in many details that make it the ideal choice for rescue in hostile environments!