Self-braking descender with anti-panic function for lowering from an anchor
The ID EVAC self-braking descender is primarily designed for lowering from an anchor. The ergonomic handle is specifically oriented for managing of a load from the anchor and offers comfortable descent control. The integrated anti-panic function and anti-error catch limit the risk of an accident due to user error. The AUTO-LOCK system allows the rope to be automatically locked without having to manipulate the handle or tie off the device. Once locked, the rope can be taken up without having to manipulate the handle. The safety gate allows the rope to be installed with the device remaining connected to the anchor. I'D EVAC is compatible with 10 to 11.5 mm ropes and allows handling of loads up to 250 kg.
- safety gate on the moving side plate allows the rope to be installed easily while the device remains connected to the anchor
- easy rope installation, thanks to the rope guide and markings
- anti-error catch to reduce the risk of an accident due to incorrect installation of the device on the rope
- ergonomic handle allows the rope to be released and enables comfortable control of the descent. Two possible descent modes: on the side plate or in the V-shaped friction channel. The handle is specifically oriented for managing of a load from the anchor
- anti-panic function automatically stops the descent if the user pulls too hard on the handle
The AUTO-LOCK system allows the rope to be automatically locked without having to manipulate the handle or tie off the device. The automatic return system on the handle limits the risk of the device getting accidentally snagged
- handle automatically switches to storage position when the rope is removed from the device, reducing the risk of accidental snagging when the descender is carried on the harness
- once locked, the rope can be taken up without having to manipulate the handle, allowing to make a reversible haul system
- the moving side-plate can be locked shut with a screw, allowing the ID EVAC to be integrated into evacuation kits
- auxiliary open brake allows the user to increase the friction in accordance with the weight of the load and the rope diameter, and to install or release a rope at any time
Auxiliary Open and Closed Brake
Additional options for the I'D S, I'D L and I'D EVAC are the auxiliary open and closed brakes:
The auxiliary open brake is designed for I'D self-braking descenders. It may be used to increase the friction in accordance with the weight of the load and the diameter of the rope, or to release the rope at any time.
The auxiliary closed brake is designed for I'D self-braking descenders. It increases the friction as required for the load weight and the rope diameter and provides a constant redirect of the rope.
Whether you are just starting out in the rescue industry, looking for a course to brush up on your skills, in need of specific refresher training, or want to take your team to the next level, Safe Rescue has courses developed to fit your needs.
Guided by Safe Rescue’s veteran instructors, students train hands-on solving realistic rescue scenarios operating in real world conditions. Utilizing this type of applied learning allows trainees to apply the knowledge and skills gained during both classroom learning and hands-on training in actual rescue situations. Our brand new training complex offers both indoor and outdoor fields with innovative props and climate controlled classroom spaces for rescue courses taught by some of the top instructors in the Southeast.